Item request has been placed! ×
Item request cannot be made. ×
Use the CRAAP Test to check your sources: Are they reliable?
- How recent is the information?
- Are web links current and working?
- Can you locate a date when the content was written/created/updated?
- Based on your topic, is it current enough?
- What kind of information is included in the source?
- Is it scholarly? (Valid for research) Or popular? (Not as valuable for research)
- Is the vocabulary easy to understand
- Does it meet the criteria of your assignment?
- Who is the author? Can you name it?
- Is there information a that indicates the author is credible? (What are the credentials?)
- Does the author provide reputable citations?
- Who is the publisher of the source? (Who is responsible?)
- Are facts verifiable?
- Does the information seem accurage and agree with other sources?
- Are there spelling and grammar errors?
- Are there obvious factual mistakes?
- What is the motive of the source author or publisher?
(Educational, commercial, promotional, research?)
- Who is the intended audience?
- Does the source seem biased?
- Are there ads in the source?