Your NLC Library can help Instructors and programs in the following ways:
- Student Library sessions in person or online
- Orientation to the Library
- Plagiarism session
- Using style guides (APA, Chicago, MLA)
- Using databases and other digital services
- Research basics
- Other topics as requested
- Group or individual Library sessions for faculty in person or online
- Using specific services or subscriptions
- PD sessions as requested
- Other topics as requested
- Library resources for curricular, personal, or professional development
- Video streaming links or curricular DVD routing
- eResources for online sharing
- Interlibrary loans from other institutions
- Courier resources to patrons at their home campuses
- Purchase requests for resources or digital services will be considered
- Troubleshooting digital resource issues
- Student (or faculty) Library ID and PIN issues
- Copyright guidance
Ways to contact the Library:
- The "Contact Us" form link on the Library web page
- The phone numbers on the Library web page or in the NLC phone system
- The NLC Outlook email "Library" address
- The Slave Lake or Grouard campus Libraries in person
Learn about searching the Library in the "How to Search Guide" HERE.
Remember: Your College ID and password are required to access digital library material off campus. Your barcode and PIN are used to access physical items, and to place holds on items.
Learn about Library barcode IDs and PINS on the Library orientation page HERE.
Instructor-assigned curricular library resources (such as DVDs) are signed out to campus instructors, educational support, or other campus staff contacts for on-site use by students. Assigning instructors: Please check the library catalogue in advance to ensure there are sufficient copies. To request a purchase, contact the library as soon as possible.
Please check the Library's digital resources to see if the requested resource is available in video streaming or or other digital format. Ask the Library if you need help.
Note: Students participating via home study are required to view these reserve items on an NLC campus by pre-arrangement with the requesting instructor, or find their own source for the resource.
To request routing, two weeks or more before the resources are required, the course instructor (not the student or campus contact) emails the library with:
The INSTRUCTOR's name
The CLASS name (ie ENG20-2B)
The TITLE of the item
A list of required CAMPUSES
The VIEW DATE RANGE (not a shipping date)
The Library sends the items to the appropriate people at the required campuses. Items are used on campus only and are not sent home with students. PLEASE respect due dates, as many resources are bound for other campuses. If students cannot view the item in time, please contact the library to inquire about a possible extension.
Routing requests are accepted as early as instructors wish, but on-time delivery may not be possible if requests are made less than two weeks in advance. Please try to coordinate same-resource requests where multiple instructors teach the same course.
This process applies for both mandatory and optional viewing for curricular reserves. Reserve resources are not available for student sign-out.
All digital library resources can be configured to share with students in Moodle, in documents, or by email. These links are called "persistent links", "permanent links", or "permalinks".
These links can be accessed from anywhere. Because the links are for licensed subscription content, users must have their Student ID and password to access digital resources from off campus.
Step-by-step instructions for creating shareable digital links can be found HERE.
A full list of resources and login information is available on the College network drive at:
S:/common files/departments/Library Services/USERNAMES and PASSWORDS.docx